Saturday, January 07, 2006

Travel Time!

Well, my last week of Winter break is upon me. And I get to spend it in Florida. I leave tomorrow. At 6:52am my flight departs. It is now 4:45. And I have just started packing. To help me cope with the huge amount of thoughts fluttering through my mind I made a list of things to do.

1. Replace meter battery. The low battery symbol on my Flash has been on for weeks now. It hasn't died yet, but I am sure it will on vacation. That's just the way things go.

2. Pack- duh!

3. Shave so I look half-way decent in shorts.

4. Do something with nails. If I am going to be wearing open toed shoes, something needs to change.

5. Put another lancet in my meter case, so I can at least pretend I may change the lancet sometime. Also make sure I have enough strips.

6. Add more music to my mp3 player for flight.

7. Make sure I have a half way decent low bs supply food.

8. Actually put on the f'ing id bracelet.

So far I have started packing, I got a manicure (but the pedicurist was not in, darn it), and I have taken care of the meter stuff. I am taking my multiclix, so I threw an extra drum in there. It amazes me that in the space of maybe two regular lancets, the drum holds 6. So by having a drum in the device, and one in the case, I have 12 lancets. A barely a sign of a needle (good for security, though I have never had a problem before). Anyone else amazed with this?

I am looking forward to my trip and a break from the snow, but at the same time, it means the end of break, and I am stressing about starting school again. I have a lot more books to buy too before school starts again. Oh well if I don't have them all the first day of school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Multiclix is a godsend. I've changed lancets each and every time I test for 15 years, and I still search the bottom of my purse for used Lancets when I'm cleaning it out. It's fantastic, eh??

Have fun on your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Sunshine State. I hope you're having fun here. :-)