Saturday, January 21, 2006

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things


The title works better if you sing it sound of music style.

So we all know diabetes sucks. There's nothing new about that. I've seen the question asked "What is the worst thing about diabetes?" But really, why think about that, when you can think about what your favorite thing is? I'm torn on this one, because I have TWO favorite things about diabetes. How about that?

So my first favorite thing: gagetery. In case you can't tell yet...I will spell it out for you. I am a N-E-R-D. Now before you judge to harshly, I KNOW there are other nerds on here. I see you guys talking about the sets for the minimed pumps that will let you use luer lock sets. I also saw some other buzzing about how cool the mutliclix is. I have seen screen shots from software in other blogs. I will admit. I get excited over new diabetes products. I love my freestyle flash. I got the Ultrasmart just to try it. I am ecstatic that accu-chek invented the multiclix. I am getting the new software for my freestyle soon, and I can't wait. Yep, I'm a nerd.

The second thing, of course, is The OC. If not for diabetes, I couldn't enjoy this fine literary cluster.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually going to being writing a whole list of my favorite things about having diabetes this upcoming week as a part of Allison's 12th Anniversary Celebration! Hehehe. I'm a dork.

But a quick answer:
Diabetes Camp - my some absolute amazing people who taught me a lot of valuable lessons about friendship, adventure, love, courage and how to have a great time no matter what the circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I favor how in touch I am with my body and how I'm feeling. Of course I notice every subtle headache or shifting of senses, but having this disease helps me truly appreciate all the things that do work perfectly.