Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Off Topic Question for Parents of PWDs

This is what I was thinking about while I was trying to fall asleep last night. Don't ask me why. Lol. So maybe you can put my mind at ease now.

I know some of you have kids that were dx'ed before they were old enough to do their own shots. And I know some of your kids were also put on a pump before they were old enough to inject by themselves. However, knowing how to inject is an important skill for someone with diabetes to have. So how are your kids gonna learn how to do it? Are you just going to teach them sometime their pump fails, and hope you are there when it happens? I just picture some kid in a college dorm or something never having learned how to inject with a dead pump. I dunno...I'm paranoid.

1 comment:

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I will deffinatly teach Riley how to inject himself before he gets old enough to be off by himself. It is, unfortunatly, a skill he may need some day.